Ayttm is a instant messaging client, multi-protocol and multi-platform, its free software released under the GNU GPL.
It has the basic functions of most messengers and in turn incorporates new features such as encryption of messages, sending SMS, sending e-mails and translation of messages in different languages, among others.
It has a Plugins system to extend its functionality, with a community of developers who bring these Plugins for free. There are 5 different types of Plugins available.
- Plugins service, which may add new protocols to Ayttm.
- Plugins filter, which allows you to modify messages. For example translators, encryption or replacement of words.
- Plugins import, which will make it easier to import contacts between accounts.
- Plugin emoticons, managers of new emoticons.
- Plugins utilities, which are the new features added to the messenger, such as voice or video capture, among many others.
The instant messaging protocols currently supported by Ayttm are:
- MSN Messenger. It includes support for voice and video sessions.
- Internet Relay Chat (IRC)
- AIM (AOL Instant Messenger)
- Yahoo! Messenger. It includes support for webcam.
- Google Talk
- SMTP. It allows the sending of SMS.
Key features of Ayttm 0.5.0
- It is multi-protocol, supporting at present the vast majority of the popular instant messaging protocols.
- It is multi-platform environments can be run in Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X.
- Allows connect to different messaging networks simultaneously, and multiple accounts of the same protocol, offering a service to which they called Fallback Messaging, which allows hold a conversation with a contact in different protocols, automatically, if the original protocol fails. For example, if a contact is chatting with another using MSN, and the service fails, this option automatically continue the conversation but through the account of Yahoo Messenger, ICQ, or any protocol available for both at that time.
- Allows encryption of messages using GPG keys, thanks to a utility called Aycription.
- Supports the use of Plugins to extend their functionality, with a community of developers who bring these Plugins for free.
- It is consistent with the use of webcam in Yahoo.
- It is consistent with the use of webcam and voice conferences on MSN.
- Allows manage and send SMS.
- Using a plugin, it can automatically translate messages, using the Babelfish translation engine.
This Download corresponds to Ayttm 0.5.0 for Windows.
Ayttm Downloads available for other operating systems: